Courtship and Marriage to Clarice

​This is my first experience of marriage to another girl.  I chose Clarice because she is an expert swordswoman and she loves animals.

Our wedding was on 3 Spring, 23rd year.  She asked if I wanted a child on 8 Spring and at the Fateweaver Shrine, our prayers were answered at once and I chose gender and type.  We went home and planted the Turnip.

On 13 Spring, Clarice and I went outside to see how enormous the turnip had become.  We promised them to greet it each day as a family.


No more mention of the Turnip, however, until 18 Spring when, upon rising, Clarice told me she felt restless.  After a brief dialogue I suggested it might be the Turnip.  We go outside to find it had become enormous.  Both Woolby and Veyron appear and  Woolby tells me there is a ‘kid’ inside and to ‘split that sucker in two’.  With some misgivings, I use an enormous cleaver and our child is revealed.  What is interesting is that although his birthday, he is at Level 15.  Is he simply a child from another Fate allowed to be hidden in the Turnip or…?


A point worth mentioning perhaps is that there are legends throughout the world about children born inside peach pits or other fruits.


In Nepal, in the Newar culture, a young girl when she reaches puberty goes through an actual marriage ceremony with a fruit.  She he reason for this is prevent her ever from having the rather negative status of becoming a widow.  With the ceremonial marriage, she has a spouse forever.

Popular posts from this blog

Traditional Japanese Festivals

Walkthrough Links in Order

Starting a New Game, Post 1, Restoring the Spring Village