Household Shrine

​With my ongoing love of Guardians of Azuma, I became deeply invested in traditional Japanese culture.  I set up a Shinto shrine in my home thanks to many individuals in Japan.  

I make daily offerings and give thanks for all blessings.

The virtual reality of Azuma has enriched my life greatly over the past year.  


Little by little, I intend to add photographs of actual traditional items and symbols that are found in the game.


Here for example is a tsuba that has the symbols of the Sacred Drum Ulalaka entrusts to you.A tsuba is a guard for a traditional Japanese sword or tanto.  It can be made of iron or copper with a combination of metals used to decorate it, including gold.  The drum shown in gold on this tsuba is a tsuzuki drum.

From the Taiga series, ‘What will you Do, Ieyasu?’, an elegant kimono that has the symbol of the tsuzuki drum embroidered on a silk background.  The series received praise for its dramatic costumes and their high quality.



Here is a vintage or even antique Horagai, used for the call to attack as well as in Buddhist rituals.  

Remember the marvelous event when Kai pretends to bring his army from the Underworld to take control of Azuma?  You clearly can hear the Horagai’s call to attack.

Popular posts from this blog

Traditional Japanese Festivals

Walkthrough Links in Order

Starting a New Game, Post 1, Restoring the Spring Village